Boston Ghost Tour
In traditional belief and fiction, a ghost is the soul or spirit of a deceased person or animal that can appear, in visible form or other manifestation, to the living. Descriptions of the apparition of ghosts vary widely from an invisible presence to translucent or barely visible wispy shapes, to realistic, life-like visions. The belief in manifestations of the spirits of the dead is widespread, dating back to animism or ancestor worship in pre-literate cultures. Certain religious practices—funeral rites, exorcisms, and some practices of spiritualism and ritual magic—are specifically designed to appease the spirits of the dead. Ghosts are generally described as solitary essences that haunt particular locations, objects, or people they were associated with in life, though stories of the phantom armies, ghost trains, phantom ships, and even ghost animals have also been recounted. As one of the great historical citites of the modern world, Boston has one of the densest concentrations of paranormal phenomena, and this spooky Boston walking tour brings the sometimes terrifying otherworldliness of this great city to life, or should we say death.....m...mwa...mwah....mwahhahahahahah!
Highlights Of Boston Ghost Walking Tour
- George Parkman Case Visit the site of Boston's grisliest murder, whose victtim still haunts the neighborhood 150 years later. . .
- Lynchings at Boston CommonPublic hangings were an regular occurrence in colonial Boston. The grounds are home to America's oldest ghosts. . .
- Burying Grounds Visit two of America's oldest and most haunted cemeteries. Bring your cameras, the orbs and specters you'll capture will blow you away!
- Omni Parker House Founding owner Harvey Parker was such a perfectionist that even in death, he couldn't stop caring for the hotel. He frequently checks with guests to see if they enjoyed their stay, and to make sure the hotel's more malevolent spirits didn't cause them too much trouble. . ..
- Boston Athenaeum At this library, you're always in the horror section. . .
- Boston Massacre Site The most famous bloodbath in U.S. history. The stories here are endless. . .
- There are many more ghouls and ghost stories in store on this spine chilling tour!
Other Popular Walking Tours