Chinatown Food Tour of Chicago
Looking to escape the anti-Chinese violence that had broken out on the west coast, the first Chinese arrived in Chicago after 1869 when the First Transcontinental Railroad was completed. While not the largest Chinatown in the US, Chi-town's Chinatown is still a bustling century-old neighborhood, which offers endless dining and shopping options, we've nailed all the stops that should definitely be on your itinerary, and if you love Chinese food as much as we do, prepare to yum Chinese style!
Chinatown Food Tour of Chicago Itinerary
- Chinese Dumplings Thought to invented by Zhang Zhongjing who was one of the greatest practitioners of traditional Chinese medicine in history
- Chinese Bakeries The best bakery in Chicago so say you!
- Tea The practice of drinking tea has a long history in China, having originated there.
- Fortune Cookies Homemade, fresh baked fortune cookies are only the beginning. Wait til you try their almond cookies!
- Chinese History Landmarks from these storied streets include Chinese history, culture, architecture, and much, much more!