Edinburgh Ghost Walk
In traditional belief and fiction, a ghost is the soul or spirit of a deceased person or animal that can appear, in visible form or other manifestation, to the living. Descriptions of the apparition of ghosts vary widely from an invisible presence to translucent or barely visible wispy shapes, to realistic, life-like visions.
The belief in manifestations of the spirits of the dead is widespread, dating back to animism or ancestor worship in pre-literate cultures. Certain religious practices—funeral rites, exorcisms, and some practices of spiritualism and ritual magic—are specifically designed to appease the spirits of the dead. Ghosts are generally described as solitary essences that haunt particular locations, objects, or people they were associated with in life, though stories of the phantom armies, ghost trains, phantom ships, and even ghost animals have also been recounted.
Edinburgh Ghost Walk Itinerary
- Edinburgh Castle Hear the tales of the ghoulish ghosts haunting the castle to this very day
- Makars' Court Here haunts the ghost of Deacon Brodie, the real Dr. Jeckyll and Mr. Hyde!
- Haunted Alleys Shocking tales of the macabre, not to be missed!
- Mary King's Close Stories of spectres and nameless terrors will send chills up your spine
- Bell's Wynd Murdered by her jealous husband, her spectre is a regular sighting
- The Scotsman The phantom printer of the Scotsman's news building
- Graveyard Keep your cool if you can, this graveyard is just spooky
- Haunted Pub Try and calm your nerves with a drink in a haunted pub!
- There are many more ghouls and ghost stories in store on this spine chilling tour!