Private Tour of English Castles
Travel into history on this day long English Castles Touras we take you on a private chauffeur driven tour of England's most famed and beautiful castles. English Castles originated in the 9th and 10th centuries. Noble Lords built castles to control the area immediately surrounding them, Castles were both offensive and defensive structures; they provided a base from which raids could be launched as well as protection from enemies. Although their military origins are often emphasised in castle studies, Castles also served as centres of administration and symbols of power. Urban castles were used to control the local populace and important travel routes, and rural castles were often situated near features that were integral to life in the community, such as mills and fertile land.
Chauffeur Driven Tour of English Castles
Chauffeur driven tours are a luxurious but affordable solution to sightseeing in style. We take you away from the crowded streets and buses on an intimate tour in a private vehicle, guided by your professional chauffeur, who gives you personal attention and courtesy throughout the experience, including hotel pick up/drop off and numerous photo opportunities, and of course a chance to savour each location at a more leisurely and intimate pace. Make no mistake, there is no better way to travel!
- Entrance fees All entrance fees are included in booking price
- Weather Tour runs rain or shine
- DressWear warm clothing and comfortable shoes
English Castles Tour Itinerary
- Windsor Castle Windsor is the oldest and largest occupied castle in the world and the Official Residence of Her Majesty The Queen. Its rich history spans almost 1000 years.
- Wardour Castle Now a majestic ruin, Wardour Castle was built in the 14th century as a lightly fortified luxury residence for comfortable living and lavish entertainment.
- Highclere Castle The Golden Globe winning Downton Abbey was brought to life at Highclere Castle. It sits on 1,000 acres of parkland and it has been the country seat of the Earls of Carnarvon since 1679.