San Francisco Ghost Tour - Walking Tours
In traditional belief and fiction, a ghost is the soul or spirit of a deceased person or animal that can appear, in visible form or other manifestation, to the living. Descriptions of the apparition of ghosts vary widely from an invisible presence to translucent or barely visible wispy shapes, to realistic, life-like visions. The belief in manifestations of the spirits of the dead is widespread, dating back to animism or ancestor worship in pre-literate cultures. Certain religious practices—funeral rites, exorcisms, and some practices of spiritualism and ritual magic—are specifically designed to appease the spirits of the dead. Ghosts are generally described as solitary essences that haunt particular locations, objects, or people they were associated with in life, though stories of the phantom armies, ghost trains, phantom ships, and even ghost animals have also been recounted. As one of the great urban centres of the modern world, San Francisco has one of the densest concentrations of paranormal phenomena, and this spooky walking tour brings the sometimes terrifying otherworldliness of this great city to life, or should we say death.....m...mwa...mwah....mwahhahahahahah!
Ghost Tour San Francisco SF - Highlights
- Chinatown San Francisco Alleys Meet the spirits that still linger from Chinatown's days of squalor, and explore the haunted alleyways that connect its mean streets.
- Titanic Ghost Hunt - Titanic survivor Washington Dodge still haunts the basement of his Powell St. townhouse, where his suicide attempt went awry. . .
- Mischief at Nob Hill Don't stress over misplaced valuables at this quaint boutique hotel. Its ghosts are notorious for borrowing them. They'll return them when they feel like it.
- Vertigo 20th century "Master of Suspense" Alfred Hitchcock considered San Francisco his personal muse. Explore SF locations from one of his most celebrated masterpieces.
- Curran Theater "Ghost lights" have been a tradition in the theater since Shakespearean times. At the Curran, the term takes on a whole new meaning
- St. Francis Hotel Haunted hotel most notorious for the infamous "Fatty Arbuckle Case". But that's just the tip of the iceberg. . .
- There are many more ghouls and ghost stories in store on this spine chilling Chinatown ghost tour!
Other Popular Walking Tours