Street Art Tour of New York
New York City is not just the birthplace of spray can art, but the capital of modern art for the past 100 years! 40 years ago, teenagers in the Bronx took industrial grade spray cans and redefined poetry, murals, and the urban experience itself. Before the street was welcomed into the gallery, the gallery itself was being redefined by Fluxus artists in downtown Manhattan. Come take a walk through SoHo and learn about a dazzling blend of high and low public art, be it on the street itself, or high above the city. From Graffiti murals, to Picasso sculptures, to landscape art, and the mysterious "Earth Room", awaken you inner poet, rebel, and artist on the Street Art Tour of New York!
Street Art Tour of New York Itinerary
- The Earth Room Moist earth bog hidden on the fourth floor of a New York office building!
- Hidden Street MapIs it vandalism or a civic announcement?
- Basquiat Studio Considered by some to be the father of street art.
- Graffiti Public walls, or “jungles” covered in the tags of legendary old school spray can artists
- Time Landscape What looks like an ordinary park is actually a carefully crated, living, breathing art exhibit.
- The Puck Building You may know it from a popular TV sitcom. It was built as headquarters of Puck Magazine, which
- There is plenty more artistic inspiration and wonder to be experienced on this two hour tour.