The Gangster Tour of New York
The bright lights and big city have always attracted gangsters, mobsters and organised crime. From the 19th century Five Points Gang, as featured in Martin Scorsese’s Gangs of New York, through to the prohibition gangsters of the 1920's and into the modern era of John Gotti and gangster rappers. This private chauffeur driven tour is a thorough examination of New York’s dark underbelly and provides a fascinating insight into the turbulent life and times of this great metropolis. New York has also provided the backdrop for some of the most popular gangster films in recent times such as The Godfather, GoodFellas, Donnie Brasco and American Gangster.
Chauffeur Driven Tour
Best Tours private chauffeur driven tours are a luxurious but affordable solution to sightseeing in style. We take you away from the crowded streets and buses on an intimate tour guided by your professional chauffeur, who gives you personal attention and courtesy throughout the experience, including hotel pick up/drop off and numerous photo opportunities. Make no mistake, it's just you and the chauffeur, there is no better way to travel!
- Film locations Visit film locations from Goodfellas, The Godfather Parts I, II & III, American Gangster, Scarface, Once Upon A Time In America, Mean Streets and many more!
- Gangster Hotel Who know one of New York's great hotels was once home to gangsters like Frank Costello, Benjamin "Bugsy" Siegel and Charles "Lucky" Luciano? Learn the full story.
- Sparks The infamous restaurant where John Gotti had Gambino crime family boss Paul Castellano and mobster Thomas Bilotti gunned down in broad daylight.
- Grand Central Station Learn about the mob's connection to this New York landmark
- Quad The recording studio where Tupac Shakur was shot in 1994, sparking the vicious East Coast-West Coast gangster rap war which eventually led to not only his death, but also the sorely missed Notorious BIG...RIP
- Patsy's Visit the famous Italian restaurant, Patsy's. Frank Sinatra's favorite New York City restaurant.
- Radio City Music Hall Its nickname is the Showplace of the Nation, find out the gangster connection!
- Hilton New York JFK stayed here, so did the Beatles, but do you know which Gangsters have and why?
- Park Central Hotel Albert Anastasia was assassinated in a barber's chair at this 935 room hotel
- Hell's Kitchen Learn how the notorious Manhattan neighborhood, Hell's Kitchen, got its name. • Find out what famous real-life gangster fixed the 1919 World Series and how the Chicago White Sox came to earn the infamous nickname, "Black Sox".
- Gangster's graveyard The huge cemetery in Queens that was the location for the lavish funeral of Don Corleone (Marlon Brando) in The Godfather Part I, and is the real life resting place of numerous mobsters.
- Born in NYC The childhood home of Al Capone.
- Other famous New York sights and landmarks you will see on The Gangster Tour of New York include: Columbus Circle, The Plaza Hotel, Central Park, Ladies Mile, Times Square, The St. Regis Hotel, Tiffany and Co., and many more!
- We've left a few murderous surprises in store for you...concrete feet sleep with fishes!